Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Broccoli Cheese Soup

I know I posted this recipe on my blog before, but that blog died, I don't know what happened but I lost everything!!!! I want to kill blogger sometimes.....

So I made my mom's famous Broccoli cheese soup yesterday and it is seriously the BEST soup ever you must try it! and it's super easy! oops and I didn't take a picture of my result but I think you have an idea of what it should look like...

Broccoli Cheese Soup
(from the Kitchen of Christina Parks)

Ingredients:

4 - 5 cups potatoes, cubed
2 cups sliced carrots
1 - 2 cups chopped celery (optional)
1 cup chopped onion
3 cubes Chicken bouillon (OXO)
2 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 cups fresh of frozen broccoli, chopped
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
2 cups Milk
1 - 2 cups grated cheddar cheese

Directions:

Combine potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, bouillon, and water in large pot. Boil about 20 min. until veggies are tender. Add broccoli and cop about 7 more mins.

In separate pan, melt butter. Add flour, salt, pepper and milk. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Add cheese and stir until melted.

Add cheese mixture to veggie mixture - cook 10 more minutes.

The soup turns out thicker and creamier, just add a 1/2 cup of water or more to thin it out.

Serve with rolls. Enjoy!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment